Thursday, February 4, 2010

Daddy date




This week amongst being home for a couple of days before heading on the road again, I had time to do one of my favorite things. On tuesday I went on a "daddy date" with my precious Papa to Pappadeaxs and then to the iridologist. I love that you are never to old to have these special memories that I will always cherish with my dad. My mom and dad have always made a huge effort and have been very purposeful in investing in each one of us kids one on one. I used to go on daddy dates when I was little and I got to pick what we did, my dad would take me to eat, or to get my nails done, or shop, watch a play, or whatever else I would choose. I always look forward to these times, and I am glad that I am never to old to have them.

Oe tuesday my dad asked me "So is there anything you want to ask me or talk about" and I said "no not really", he said "isn't it nice that we have such good communication, that we don't have to make a formal time to talk we just catch up all of the time." That is very true, on sunday when I got home from campus church I talked with my Papa by the fire for almost 2 hours and then the following night I had a sweet conversation with him as well. I am the most blessed girl to have such a great father. He is truly the best man I know! I think that is why I am willing to wait until the Lord brings someone that is the incredible man like my Father into my life to be my husband, it will be SO worth the wait.

Parents- what memories you are making now with your children that they will never forgot. Take the time to go on dates and enjoy each of your children by themselves to have a "special date" with just you! Trust me it will be a forever cherished memory!

2 comments:

  1. Reading this just made me smile! Love you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are precious memories...Eric dates all of our kids.....boys and girls....they Love it...they get $5 bucks to spend.....it is neat to see what they choose to do. Marshall calls this "Boys night out" I am glad you have this with your daddy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete