Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Learning while waiting

Lately the Lord has been teaching me so much in the book of Genesis about what patiently on the Lord for His timing in life looks like. When I began this blog I entitled it "While I am waiting" because its a journey of me waiting on the Lord in life regarding all things. I believe everyone has a season of waiting on God, it may be with a spouse, waiting for a child, financial relief, trials,career direction, sickness or other concerns or life changing moments.

In Genesis I was reminded of how Abraham was given a promise from the Lord regarding his descendants and blessings through him and his son ( Genesis 12). The Lord told him that one day he would have a son, but he had to wait on the Lord and grow in HIm through the journey. God remained faithful and true to Abraham and the promise God made with him, and then 25 years later Isaac was born. But during the time of waiting for the promise to be fulfilled( 25 long years) he and his wife got weary, so they decided to help God out and Sarah gave Abraham her maid servant, and they had a child together. After that things got more complicated and made life more difficult. What a HUGE reminder for us that if we take matters into our own hand, the waiting process is even more complicated and difficult. Let us not get weary in the waiting but remain faithful and obedient to what God has called us to do, depending on HIM alone to come through. He doesn't need us for His will to happen. I was so encouraged by this truth that the Lord has a plan for me and the only thing I have to do is remain faithful in TRULY waiting on the Lord, not "helping Him out" along the way, but trusting in the journey He has for me now, and enjoy each moment on my way to the promise land.

Hope that awesome truth from God's word encouraged you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment