Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tuesday Treasures






Tuesday was an incredible day filled with sweet surprise and fun :) My dear friend Korie who is currently attending Liberty University, was in town for spring break and I was so excited to be able to squeeze in a special time to hang out with her. It was just her birthday as well so we had a sweet time to celebrate. We started off with breakfast at Panera where we ran into to an old school buddy and her sweet mother. Then we went to our old school, because I went to eat lunch with my sunday school students and bring them cookies and she went to visit as well. When we arrived we were greeted with hugs from precious teachers who poured so much into our lives, asking about what we are doing now. I enjoyed a brief time with my girls, and we went on a hunt to find my old careers/personal finance, speech and debate teacher. When we found her she asked if we would be her guest speakers in her careers class, and talked with us about what she would like for us to speak on. It was a great opportunity, and I was so excited about it. We were also asked to read to some precious kindergartens about transportation, they all were so sweet and gave us big hugs, and wanted their picture with us before we left. So overall it was a great day, and filled with unexpected opportunities. After leaving school, we headed to my house and enjoyed the beautiful weather by my lake and enjoyed conversations about our future, goals, dreams and what the Lord is doing in our lives. Then we made delicious sweet potato bread that Mrs. Tammy shared with us, we loved it! Thank you Mrs. Tammy!

So then to end our awesome day, we road around in her dads 1969 muscle car and drove to starbucks, playing great music and enjoying the beautiful weather! What an incredible day! Thank you Korie for sweet fellowship that refreshed my heart!

enjoy pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment