Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bible Study blessings

After a VERY late arrival, or maybe I should say early in the morning back at home on monday, I took a long shower in my own shower and headed to work. I am so blessed every monday by an opportunity to dive in and navigate through scripture with a great group of godly ladies. We have an incredible leader who is great at leading the discussion and bringing light to special truths that we miss. Most of the time, by the the time bible study starts I am one exhausted girl. But it is so wonderful how the Lord refreshes my heart through His living water which never runs dry. Each time I don't really feel like going but do anyways the Lord is so faithful to challenge and give me a special personalized truth that day.

Monday as I was leaving one of the sweet girls pulled me aside and said that the Lord had put me on her heart for the last couple of weeks and she was praying for me. I have had a couple of crazy weeks and I feel like there has been a lot on my heart as well, so that is an answer to prayer. That blessed my heart more than anything anyone could tell me. How sweet is our Lord Jesus Christ that He not only answers prayers, but will place a concern on the body of Christ to pray for each other. That sweet sister was such an encouragement, and I spent the whole way home praying out loud thanking God for His many blessings, and confessing my many sins before His throne, and lifting up sweet friends. What a treasured gift prayer is, I cherish that I have such precious friends. I just was reminded of the scripture that when we remain faithless, He remains faithful! When I am exhausted and weary He strengthens my heart and refuels my life by the living word and by godly friends.

"if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself." 2 Timothy 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment