Thursday, August 20, 2009

Unexpected blessings!

So today I was honored and privilege to go along with a sweet lady to a day of encouragement with some godly ladies. My job was to watch her precious little daughter while they met. The little girl was SO good and was an absolute delight to love on.
We drove to Helen, GA and I immensely enjoyed the conversation on the way there and back, and I felt so special when the sweet ladies included me in a scavenger hunt around Helen. This incredible lady challenged me just by her life and her hard work for the cause of Christ. I came home overflowed with joy and excitement about what God is doing and praying about my part in HIS plan.

Today I was all ears soaking up every story about the Lord moving, and listening to the hardships that they( the missionaries) face and the daily sacrifice and persecution they experience because of the gospel of Christ in their lives. WOW! It was amazing and really made me reflect on my life, and bring me back into perception of what really matters in life and how it is all about spreading the name of JESUS! What a reality check for me, about the privileges and riches we have in America, like clean water, bread without bugs, electricity and freedom to worship! Incredible day of encouragement, blessings and the Lord working in my heart in great ways. Lately He has been working in my heart regarding missions, giving and evangelism. I just pray that I will walk so closely to Him that when He calls I will hear His voice and walk in the way He has set before me. I yearn so much for more of HIM, and not to waste this season of life but make a difference for Him in the here and now. I think sometimes we get so caught up into the excitement and goals of tomorrow that we miss out on the plan that God has for us TODAY.

Although at times I feel discouraged feeling unqualified and completely unequipped for the task, I know He will give me the strength. As a precious friend reminded me today, He doesn't call the abled, but HE enables the called! What a comfort to my heart, when I feel so unworthy and so weak, knowing that whatever He has for me He will prepare me for.

Thank you sweet Jesus for the refreshment today! Open my eyes to see your will as I wait in YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I am soooo proud of you! What a precious and amazing young woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you! I knew this opportunity would be a blessing to you and I am so glad it worked out! See you Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy just saw your blog heading and said, "Brinney"! : )

    ReplyDelete