Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mission trip

Last week I wrote the post about how the Lord was doing a work in my heart regarding missions and HE sure did follow it through. I have been given an incredible opportunity to go to a unnamed country in September. There is a meeting taking place there with many missionaries from unnamed countries, they couldn't leave their wives and children because of safety so they are bringing them there for the meeting. The couples will be in meetings, therefore they needed child care for their children during this time. So they were in need of 4 ladies from woodstock to travel and provide childcare so the missionaries can be in their strategic meetings. I have been given the opportunity to love on and serve these missionaries who give their life for the gospel, and suffer every day for HIS name. I am so excited about this opportunity and after feeling like God could never use me because I am not talented in many different areas, God flat showed me that He can use my love for children to refresh the lives of these missionaries. What an incredible opportunity!!!! I have such a peace, excitement and joy about going. I am just praying for the Lord's provision, guidance and direction as I walk in obedience the path He has for me. Please pray for me and for the other 3 ladies going, that God would prepare us spiritually,physically and financially and that He would refresh and encourage these missionaries. I have lots of ideas on how to be a blessing to the missionaries while we are there. For example do a date night for the couples, where our team can give the ladies manicures, pedicures, I can do their makeup and hair and they can have a date night by themselves which they never get to do in the desert. I also can't wait to be with these kids, speak english with them, laugh, sing songs and just have a good time encouraging them. God is so good to allow me this opportunity and I am trusting in Him to provide the needs to go.

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible blessing! Brittany you are SO talented and encouraging all the time. The missionaries will be blessed to have you and the children are sure to love you! I hope all your plans go smoothly and that it is a great time that works out for everyone involved :-)

    Love always, Joanna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Joanna! What a blessing and an encourager you are. I love ya! plus do you have a blog? if so I want to follow it ( I am still trying to figure all of this out :)

    ReplyDelete