Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Discouragement and Assurance

On Monday morning I woke up very discouraged about the financially burden of this trip, even though I know the Lord will provide it still is a lot to raise in 3 weeks. Therefore I was praying hard about it and discussing things with my Mom and walking away very down, knowing that this is what has called me to do but having a storm during the walk of obedience. About an hour later I was praying and reading my bible during my devotions when I read this verse

"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance." Psalm 43:5 This verse was such a refreshment to my heart and I am so thankful for the bread God gave me.

The next verse spoke directly to my heart and COMPLETELY gave me further confirmation that I am to go on this trip

"My God, my soul is cast down within me; therefore I will remember You from the land of Jordan........" Psalm 41:6

Can you believe that???? It was incredible that God gave me a verse. What a great God we serve! Needless to say God encouraged my heart and confirmed once again that this is right where I need to be. I am just trusting in His mighty hand!

1 comment:

  1. So very cool! I love it when God speaks so clearly like that. We serve an amazing God. I had something very similar happen last week when God spoke in my quiet time to something I was kind of worrying about. It was so comforting! Please let me know the travel dates and how much you need - asap! ;)

    ReplyDelete