Monday, January 4, 2010

Wonderful seasons

I had a fabulous Christmas and New Years! Big news in our family is that my baby brother got engaged and my older brother got a wonderful godly girlfriend! We are all so excited and my house is buzzing with wedding talk and excitement, its way fun! It is freezing and very cold outside so our family gathers by our warm fireplace and we get to enjoy some sweet conversations while we warm up. This morning I was reminded of the blessing of godly parents as I got up to spend time with Jesus by the warm fire ( can I get an AMEN for the heat :) ) and my mom was already there sitting by the fire studying God's word, along with my daddy in the other room ( by the other fire) on his knees communicating with Christ. What a sweet blessing to see the biblical parents I have been given from the Lord.


I was blessed to spend this past month with my 2nd family in Tennesee for Xtreme. This is one of my favorite trips I look forward to in the year and I was so excited about getting to go. It was a relaxing time where they spoiled me and we enjoyed the dixie stampede, and awesome services where hundreds gave their life to Christ! Praise the Lord for the gift of salvation. Every time I see the sight of people repenting of their sin and turning to Christ I get chill bumps and I am reminded of the amazing gift we have been given. That is what life is all about. Many times we get so stuck in our lives, our schedules and what we have to get done that we miss what we are HERE for and what privilege it is to live each day as a follower of Christ. I am trying to year to think more on HIM and less on me, as I go about my daily tasks He has placed before me.

Hope you are enjoying this weather and staying wrapped up in blankets and wrapped up in the HIS word!

1 comment:

  1. We were thrilled to have you with us! Don't forget to write about the Krispy Kreme EVERYday! I mean, if you're going to post that we "spoiled you", you need to mention the best stuff. (ha!) Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete