Monday, September 14, 2009

Discouragement

Today was quite the day. I had a wonderful day at work and then had an event that happened that just brought me to tears. I was so discouraged and called my Mom and she prayed with me over the phone. Then after I babysat this precious little girl, boy are little children the best medicine for laughter and joy! I went over to my Grandmas after and I asked about her day and she had a bad day and was discouraged as well. Feeling like I was about to burst into tears again and just felt so defeated, I just said we need to claim victory over this battle, I feel like I am under such spiritual attack today. So we just bowed our head and had a sweet time of prayer together, lifting our burdens to the Lord and claiming victory over the battle. I think the devil is really attacking me because of what I am about to do. I have a lot going on and feel like I have the world on my shoulder at times, lots to think about, pray for and plan. Just when I feel this way, the Lord reminds me that HE is there to take it all, I just have to rest and wait in HIM. He is so faithful not to give us more than we can handle and even when we go through trials, as I was sharing with my Mom tonight, He is there holding our hand the whole way as we squeeze Him trying to relieve pain. He just desires to hold us through it all.

We MUST always continue to "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7)" What an incredible reminder that the Creator of the WHOLE universe cares about your day, your worries fears and hard times. What a mighty God!

Today won't you just spend some time casting your cares on the Lord?

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you! I don't know the specifics, but I know the feeling. I love looking back on dark times and seeing how God was covering us the whole way through. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and hoping today is much better! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete