Saturday, May 29, 2010

Highways, Hymns and Hospitals

My Grandma was admitted to the hospital on wednesday night and had an emergency surgery to remove her colon and work on some other things. She didn't wake up from the surgery till saturday, so when we were with her their was no response. My mom was once in a coma and said that even though they are not awake they can hear you and its a comfort to hear your voice. So I went this week, pulled up a chair to her bed, held her hand and sang to her. At first I sang all the hymns I could think of and then some more praise and worship songs. Then I would read scripture and just pray over her. It was really hard for me because there is no response but it was really good for me to, because I had a sweet time with the Lord thanking Him for the hope we have in HIm. While reading one scripture verse I just started crying at the thought of eternity, death and the realization that we never know when that is and how important it is to be prepared. Its important to live every day in light of eternity. It has been a sweet journey to be with my wonderful Grandma.

I am exhausted due to all of the driving (takes me at least 1 hour each way) but holding on to hope and praying for quick recovery. If you haven't meditated on the thought of eternity I want to ask that you would take a moment and just think and ask the Lord to help you live your life in light of eternity, sharing the story of eternal life (the gospel of Jesus Christ) with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment