Friday, October 16, 2009

Sisters in Christ

Sorry that I haven't blogged in a while. Its been some busy days for me, and honestly I feel like no one is reading it either. But thats besides the point.

Have you ever been discouraged and the Lord flat lifts your heart by sending the family of God to encourage your life? Well that is what happened to me tonight. This week I have been discouraged, and honestly dealing with a lot of lies from the enemy. Tonight I went to a friends house for what I thought was a girls night, just to hang out with a bunch of new faces. When my friend Bekah and I got there, the host asked us if we read the book, we replied "What book? isn't this a girls hang out?" she replied with telling us that it is a book club, that she feels the Lord has laid on her heart so that she would be purposeful in reading and gleaning from books filled with truth and encouragement. We said well ok no problem, we will just hang out and listen. Boy did the Lord have another thing in mind. The book they were discussing was "Safely Home" by Randy Alcorn and it was about persecution, heaven etc. We had the sweetest discussion which ended in all of us ladies gathering around this globe and praying for specific countries, missionaries and what the Lord was doing, and lifting up each other as we grow in HIM. As one of the precious girls began to cry, I felt the spirit of God just come down in that room and meet with us. I walked away encouraged, SO challenged and convicted and just blessed by new friendships and refueled by their faith in King Jesus!

On the way home my friend and I had great conversation on how we could pray for each other and just began to lift each other up. Tonight was such an answer to prayer and a refresher to my spirit that was getting dry. Thank you Lord for the blessing of the body of Christ! It just shows that the Lord answers prayers and surrounds us with incredible people to lead us to HIM. This was a totally unexpected blessing of fellowship and feasting on the Lord. My prayer is that the Lord would use each one of us to bring nourishment and refreshment to other believers as we seek His face and will. Won't you join me in trying to intentionally encourage and refresh this week?

3 comments:

  1. Brit! I can't tell you how much this encouraged me. Keep it comin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a wonderful evening filled with blessing and encouragement! What an unexpected blessing from the Lord. I love that He knows our needs before we ever even express them to Him. What an awesome God we serve! Love you!!! I am continually praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Book Club turned out to be one of the best nights of the week! Proud to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete